Your beginning pottery wheel class will be a thorough introduction to the basics of working on the pottery wheel. Your pottery will be instructed, with hands on experience and includes clay, firings, and glazing your pottery. You will make 1 to 3 pots in class. Your bisqued pottery will be ready to decorate with glaze 3 weeks from class. Wear your play clothes, bring ties for long hair, and put jewelry away safely. This class is for ages 13 years and older and is limited to 10 students per class. All our beginning classes are for 13 years and up. If you have children under 13, we invite them and you to take the kids wheel class.
Scroll down for information about kids wheel class or private lessons.
ALL CLASSES REQUIRE A RESERVATION by email or phone
Wednesday 9.30 to 10.30am
Wednesday 7pm to 8pm
Thursday 6pm to 7pm
Every Saturday 2pm to 3pm
6 classes: $195 without tool kit
6 classes $205 includes pottery tool kit
Single class $39
Private instruction $60 an hour
Classes do not have to be taken consecutively. You register for dates and times that work for you. We recommend when purchasing a 6 class package, once a week is optimum. It always make a difference when you practice between classes. Click here to learn more about using the studio outside of class.
Kids Wheel Class: for kids 6 to 12 years of age. Adults are invited to register for this class with their kids in this age group. The class description and tuition are same as the beginning pottery wheel class above.
Wednesday 4 to 5pm
Saturday 12.30 to 1.30pm
- Check the calendar to see when the classes are available
- Email 2 selected dates and times and how many registering
- We will email confirmation of your registration
To register, please contact us using the contact form.
When you come to class:
- Arrive 5 minutes before class (You will have to reschedule if you are more than 5 minutes late)
- You will make 2 to 3 pots during class… wear play clothes, ties for long hair and put jewelry away
- Return after 3 weeks to glaze/paint/decorate your pots. No appointment necessary.
- Return to pickup your pots after glaze firing.
Sorry we discard pots after 60 days if you don’t return.